tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 10 13:47:00 2007

Re: Introduction

McArdle ([email protected])

For TKD, have you tried www.abebooks.com?  I just did a search for Author: "Okrand" and Title: "Klingon Dictionary" and it came back with 156 hits, starting at $1.00 plus shipping.  I've ordered quite a few books from shops listed at abebooks and haven't regretted a single transaction.

  qavan

  mIq'ey

Alpha Omicron <[email protected]> wrote:
  Hi everyone, I'm a long-time student of Klingon, but have only now
decided to join the mailing-list. I'm not terribly confident with my
Klingon as of yet, so expect most of my posts to be in English, at least
for now.
I unfortunately have not been able to get a hold of a real copy of TKD,
but with the help of the various software applications, the postal
course and lots of reading, I get along okay.
The Klingon Language page at the English Wikipedia has been my pet
project for some time. I hope you'll go have a look, and improve or
correct it as needed.
I suppose I'll pose a language question while I'm at it; where exactly
does a -meH clause go in a sentence? Intuitively I would assume it goes
at the beginning like a time marker or adverb, but I have seen it at the
end of sentences...

Looking for earth-friendly autos?