tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 08 06:49:29 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for February 6, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for February 6,
2007][1].  Corrections and advises are welcome.

        pIn: {cha' maH DISmey qaStaHvIS bIvumpu'.  qaHoy'.  wey Degh
        ghajbogh ghItlhmeH luch vIqem.}(1)
       Boss: "Congratulations on 20 years of service.  Here's a pen
        with the company's logo."

        pIn: {rurbej latlh vIghajbogh.  ghItlhmeH luchwIj 'oHlaw'
        ghItlhmeH luchvam'e'.  chaq vImISmoH.} (2)
       Boss: "I have one just like it.  At least I think this one is
        mine.  I might have gotten them mixed up."

       Boss: "Which one looks like it spent the least time in my ear?"

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070206.html

Words:

    "compnay's logo" - {wey Degh} "company's medal, emblem, symbol, insignia"
    "pen"            - {ghItlhmeH luch} "equipment for writing".

Need help on the last sentence...

pm5

Back to archive top level