tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 07 23:14:42 2007

Re: nuqDaq matlh tu'lu'?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> cha' - show, display (picture) TKD
> 'ang - show, reveal TKD
>
> Where's the cannon that adds the stuff about importance or novelty?

I don't know if it's written like this somewhere, but we have the nentay sentence
 {tIqwIj Sa'angnIS}
 "I need to show you my heart"

He did not say {tIqwIj Sacha'nIS}. That's how I understand the "specialty" of what is shown.

{yIcha'} sounds to me like "show it to me, as you showed it to others", while {yI'ang} sounds like "stop hiding it, and show it now". I believe that's what "reveal" means (but I might be wrong of course :-)

Quvar.
Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail?ac=OM.GX.GX003K11713T4783a

Back to archive top level