tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 06 06:39:38 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for February 3, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for February 3,
         2007][1].  Corrections and advises are welcome.

     DIlbot: {Qulpa'Daq jonwI' lumuvmoH luneH.} (1)
    Dilbert: "There's a job opening for an engineer in research and
        development!"

     DIlbot: {'ebvam vIjonchugh, vonlu'bogh vu'Ha'ghachvo' jInarghlaH
        'ej jIyIntaHvIS jInajlaHchu'.} (2)
    Dilbert: "It's a chance to escape the mismanaged futility of my
        current job and live the dream!"

        pIn: {maj.  Qulpa'Daq vu'wI' lumuvmoH luneH.} (3)
       Boss: "Hey, there's an opening for a new manager of research
        and development!"

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070203.html

I've considered using {QI'tu'} "paradise" to make sentence (2) but
hesitated because I'm not sure what's the Klingons' idea of a
paradise.

pm5

Back to archive top level