tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 02 06:38:03 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for January 30, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for January 30,
2007][1].  Corrections and advises are welcome.

     Doqbot: {yaHvamvaD gheSmeH nIvqu'bogh ghuv qIt'e' vISammeH
        yInngoqchaj vIpojpu'.} (1)
    Dogbert: "I analyzed the DNA of all of your applicants to find the
        best fit for the job."

     Doqbot: {'ummeH nIvqu'bogh 'ej tlhIHvaD vum neHbogh ghuv qIt'e'
        vISam.  wej qoghmey, Ha'DIbaH ghIch je ghaj 'ej Hoghvam jaj loS
        Hegh 'e' pIHlu'.} (2)
    Dogbert: "The most qualified applicant who is willing to work for
        you have three ears, a snout, and a life expectancy of
        Thursday."

        pIn: {DIlbot ghuv chu' yIqIH.  nom yIruch.} (3)
       Boss: "Dilbert, meet the new guy --- and do it quickly."

  ghuv chu': {(tuS)} (4)
    new guy: "*cough* *cough*"

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070130.html

I translated "applicant" to *{ghuv qIt} "possible recruit".  Doing (2)
in one single sentence would generate a garbled sequence that myself
cannot comprehend, so I split it.

pm5

Back to archive top level