tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 29 11:47:53 2007

Re: The Art of War: title

naHQun ([email protected])

DuH jav vImaS.

~naHQun

On 12/29/07, Agnieszka Solska <[email protected]> wrote:

snip

> Also close to the Chinese title.
>
> 6. {veS mIw}, i.e. "Warfare Procedure(s)":
>
> The option I like best. It not only captures the meaning of the Chinese
> title but actually mirrors its structure. Of course, the same could be said
> about {QI' mIw} but the noun {veS} has a broader meaning than {QI'} and thus
> seems a better equivalent of the polysemous BING.
>

> 'ISqu'

http://www.myspace.com/naHQun
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/purpleelaphants/

Modern playwrights have become obsessed with writing human
interpretations of alien theatrical works while ignoring completely
our own unique cultural heritage.~Bashir; "The Die is Cast" (DS9)

Back to archive top level