tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 10:40:30 2007

Re: jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'

ja' SuStel:

>> meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH only a fool fights in a burning house
>> (TKW p.111)
>
> I should have said we've never seen a subject with {-Daq}, {-vo'}, or
> {-vaD} on it where the locative sense applies to the clause in
> which the
> noun is the subject. This sentence doesn't meet that. The locative
> meaning applies to {Suv qoH neH}, not {meQtaHbogh qach}.

I hope that what you wrote isn't what you meant.  Can you rephrase
it?  As it stands, I must disagree completely.  The locative meaning
undeniably applies to {meQtaHbogh qach}:  "IN a building which burns".

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level