tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 14 07:50:37 2007

Re: mu' chu' - 'el'I'jaH (?)

In a message dated 8/14/2007 9:27:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> There's probably only one person who can say which is the correct spelling;
> until that day, we need to accept both spellings, just like jorneb and
> jornub. ;-D
>
> Quvar.

Unless there's a good reason to choose one over the other.
In the case you give of {jornub/jorneb}, there is good reason to choose
{jorneb} over {jornub}, namely that its components {jor} and {neb} are both
relevant to the meaning of {jorneb}, whereas {nub} has no such meaning for {jornub}.
They're both canon, they're both acceptable, but {jorneb} is better.

lay'tel SIvten   </HTML>

Back to archive top level