tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 09 13:38:47 2007

Re: Klingon DarSeq

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

> In 2153 the Klingon Judiciary placed a bounty of
> 9000 darseks for the
> capture of escaped convict Jonathan Archer, dead or
> alive, which was
> considered "a fortune" by the Tellarite bounty
> hunter Skalaar.  When we saw
> them, they appeared to be metal (latinum??) bars,
> approximately 1 x 3
> inches in size, and were transported in a box. (ENT
> "Bounty")

As we learned in a DS9 episode, latinum is actually a
liquid (or maybe an oil), so valuable that tiny
amounts of it are encased in the relatively worthless
gold just to make it into a practical currency, which
is why it
is called "gold-pressed".  I always found that
hilarious!

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level