tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 18 11:51:48 2006

Re: Jim meddles

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
>Do elevators/turbolifts <jIm>? or only aircraft?

No idea.  The relevant quote from HolQeD 11.2 reads:

   When the plane moves up or down (not when the nose points up
   or down, but when the plane increases or decreases altitude,
   as if the whole plane is being pushed up or down), it is said
   to {jIm} "heave".

WRT elevators, I would use the verbs {ghIr} "descend" and {Sal}
"ascend".  However, neither of these verbs has been used in a sentence so
we have no idea as to what type of things they can be used with.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level