tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 19 00:12:44 2006

Re: Dragons and ketchup

De'vID ([email protected])

McArdle wrote:
>   I'm afraid I don't get {lungpu' Soj yInISQo'}.  Don't disrupt dragons' food?

<Soj> is slang for a matter or affair.  I don't recall where that
definition originates from though.  I'm sure Voragh can tell you more.

The use of the word <Soj> with a double meaning (since the expression
involves a food metaphor) is very clever.

Combining this with a previous suggestion, I like the imagery evoked by
the use of both <Soj> and <Haq>: <lungpu' Soj yIHaqQo'> "don't perform
surgery on dragons' food", "don't interfere with dragon's affairs".  I
don't know if that's slang overkill, though!

--
De'vID

Back to archive top level