tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 30 12:50:29 2006

Re: Brainfart question (so dumb it should be KLBC)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Shane wrote:

>could "qaneH" be used as present tense or only future tense?

Both.  As well as past tense.

Klingon does not mark grammatical tense, only aspect.  Which English tense
you use to translate the Klingon depends on the context:

   qaneH
   I wanted you. I want you. I will want you.

   qaneHpu'
   I had wanted you. I have wanted you. I will have wanted you.

   qaneHtaH
   I used to want you. I still want you. I will continue to want you.

   etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons