tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 04 17:22:10 2006

Re: KLBC

In a message dated 5/4/2006 10:01:20 AM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Yes, I remember that from when I studied Middle Egyptian years
> ago.  European scholars (particularly Erman and Gardiner IIRC) classed
> these as adverb(ial)s, but the question is:  Did EGYPTIAN grammarians call
> them "adverbs"?  (Indeed, what is the Egyptian for "adverb"?  Or "verb" and
> "noun" for that matter?)

Did Egyptians even study language in any way similar to what we do now?  Or
like the Sanskrit grammarian did?  (Panini is the only name I can think of for
him, but I'm almost guessing).

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level