tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 02:34:51 2006

Re: "my name is" (was Re: loy)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> On the other hand, {QeS 'oH pongwIj'e'} always seemed the more natural to
me.

Yes, me too. Not only because I'm used to it.

I can explain it in the way that one could translate
  {A 'oH B'e'}
    as
  {B is A}

So when you replace the words for "My name is Quvar" you automatically get
{Quvar 'oH pongwIj'e'}.

The other way around also looks weird in english: "Quvar is my name" (?)

Quvar.