tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 14:47:53 2006

RE: Neologisms (was Re: I have a few questions that confuse me.

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Voragh, ja':
>In Russian, too, there's no "to be" verb in the present tense.

wotvetlh Hutlh je Ubykh Hol. Daq ngu'bogh wot tu'lu'bej, 'ach Daq ngu'meH,
wot moHaq lo'nIS (-Daq, bIng, Hur, retlh...). 'ach DIvI' Hol ngu'meH wotmey
'oS DIp mojaq neH.

Also with Ubykh. There is a verb that can specify locations, but it must
take a preverbal element specifying what location (within, below, outside
of, on the side of...); however, the copulas of identification and role are
given with a noun clitic.

So it seems that, overwhelmingly, who needs "to be"? {{:)

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

ASUS M5 Ultra-slim lightweight is Now $1999 (was $2,999)
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Easus%2Ecom%2Eau%2F&_t=752129232&_r=Hotmail_tagline_23Nov05&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level