tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 22 15:09:23 2006

mu' HaqwI' vs TKD (was Re: I have a few questions that confuse me...)

ja' Shane MiQogh:

> ...And mu' HaqwI' basically is a dictionary, it uses TKW and the
> dictionary as sources for it's words. Basically, it has all the
> words the dictionary does.

yapbe' naQbogh mu'tay tetlh qar.  DaHjaj tlhIngan Hol pab QIj
tlhIngan mu'ghom neH.  'op pab pojlaH mu' HaqwI' 'ach DuchuHlaHbe'.
"postal course" naDlu' 'ach 'oHvo' Hoch DaghojlaHbe'.  'ut tlhIngan
mu'ghom qonbogh Marc Okrand.  chaq tugh paq nIv wIchuplaH 'ach DaHjaj
TKD'e' DaghajnIS.

Even assuming you have a complete and accurate vocabulary list, you
still need The Klingon Dictionary.  Despite its name, it is not a
dictionary.  Half of it describes the grammar of the Klingon
language, detailing how words and affixes come together to represent
concepts, and how those concepts are arranged to form intelligible
sentences.  You will not get that from a computerized translation
tool like mu' HaqwI'.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level