tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 11 15:06:21 2006

Re: qepHom le' - This Sunday at 11 a.m.

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

At 04:24 PM Wednesday 1/11/2006, Lawrence wrote:

>Join us, as we ponder the Klingon word for "schlep."

That's easy:  {qeng} "carry, convey".

The schleppers would be your {tepqengwI'pu'}!  (Of course, {tepqengwI'} is
glossed as "cargo carrier" in TKD I believe, but on the BoP Poster there
was another {tepqengwI'} labeled "cargo lift" on the cargo deck {tep
choQ}.  It looked like a sort of crane, though maybe it was a tractor beam
emitter for moving boxes and other containers {ngaSwI'mey} around).  You
can all gripe about how the KLI should have provided a {tep jolpat} "cargo
transporter", and if someone should trip, you've got a ready-made pun about
the {lu qeng} "The Fall of Kang"!  <g>

If you want, you could also ponder whether you're all schlepping {tep}
"cargo, goods" or {luch} "equipment, gear" or just plain {'aH} "paraphernalia".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level