tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 18 11:38:01 2006

Re: Return With Honour

naHQun ([email protected])

>> ja' ...Paul:

> > How would you emphasize the idea that it's preferable only in the mind of the speaker?

> ja'  ghunchu'wI':
> Why would one want to emphasize something which isn't >true?  Many people besides the speaker undoubtedly share >the preference.
>
> If you wish to emphasize that the speaker does prefer it, >you might add {...'e' vIHar} or something.  But don't you >think that merely uttering the statement is enough to >imply believing it?

In the movie, he was quoting his father-and was therefore what his
father believed.
a real jurk!" Obviously he does not share the preference.

If I were to translate the whole movie and show it on Qo'noS, I would
need to point out that this view is not one shared by all Terrans (and
explain why the "friend" doesn't get a Daqtagh in his belly).

~naHQun
--
Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any
taste in the white of an egg?

Back to archive top level