tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 10 16:00:46 2006

Re: Hol chu' HaDlu''a'?

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="...Paul">
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Thorwald Peeters wrote:
>> Hol chu'qoq "ABSL" vay' HaD'a'?
>
> I think you meant /Holqoq chu'/ (unless you really meant /Hol chu'law'/ --
> "new so-called language" vs. "apparently new language")...  /-qoq/ is a
> Type 3 noun suffix, so it doesn't transition to the adjective following it
> (only Type 5 noun suffixes do that).

Ah... Now here's the pincher... sign language can be called a "so-called
language" and since the article was already a year old, I noticed, the
language, whether so-called or not, although new to me, might even not be
considered new... 8-)

--
Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, qI'meQ tuq

Back to archive top level