tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 28 17:40:26 2006

Re: Stovokor

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:  Shane MiQogh:
> > is it "Stovoqor", something else, or has it yet to have a
> > cannon example?

DloraH:
>The only other spelling that I remember seeing is in "Diplomatic
>Implausibility". {Suto'vo'qor}
>Pg248 states that Okrand vetted the glossary.

Shane MiQogh:
>Then theoretically, they still might not have a proper word for heaven... lol

DloraH:
>"They" (klingons) DO have a proper word.

They may even have two:

{QI'tu'}, sometimes translated "Paradise", is the mythological
source of all creation, hence its association with antiquity. (KGT 130)

Qui'Tu would appear to have the same place in Klingon mythology as the
Judeo-Christian concepts of Eden and Heaven. The difference between Qui'Tu
and Sto-Vo-Kor (the afterlife where Kahless waits for the honored dead) is
still not fully understood. (Cf. ST5 and "Rightful Heir" [TNG].) Aside
from the Kahless stories, we know relatively little about Klingon {wIchmey}
"myths, legends".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

muja' De'Hom... ghe'torDaq jIHchugh, DaquvHa'lu'ta'.