tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 25 16:10:15 2006

Re: par' vs. muS?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

>FYI: Among Klingonists, a common way to say this is {bangwI' SoH} "you are
>my love (loved one)", {bangwI' ghaH} s/he is my love", etc. - which avoids
>the problem of which verb to use.
  Even though klingons don't say "i love you" this would be something used in idle chitchat since it could be interpreted in many ways which in almost all cases wouldn't be defined by context. It could mean "your are my beloved friend" or it could mean a few other things included what we traditionally suggest it means.

  >Even if Klingons would say this, the indirect object has to precede the OVS
>string:

  I'm not saying you're wrong, but where is that in TKD, i can't find that section.