tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 16 10:11:41 2006

Re: Why we can use words that it'd take klingons 5 minutes to understand.

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

>The only thing I see wrong with using a word like {muSHa'} is if it's
>used as a drop-in replacement for the English term "love".
  I interpret the word as just that. I'm missing the problem...

  >bImISlaw' qoj bImaw'law'. bImujbej. ta'vam ta'chu' bIQ Duj motlh,
>QaptaHchugh.

  It is a 2 dimensional object (the water). When the ship is on the water, it has about 1/3rd under it as well.

  >bIQ ngaS HIvje'lIj. qechvetlh 'oS 'e'.

  nuqjatlh? qatlh bIQ Dajatlh?

  >nuq Hech lIj, Kemosabe?

  Daj 'e'...

  >bIHvaD mu'tlheghmey qon Marc Okrand-'e'. The Fleer/Skybox trading
>cards *are* part of the tlhIngan Hol canon.

  Oh...

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
  ja' Shane MiQogh:
> There is no boat that floats completely on the water...

> As some one has said, "muSHa' " may be interpreted as not hating or
> caring at all, which... Needless to say is on the border of obserd
> (sp?).

> Perhaps we should try to restrict ourselves to more literal
> translations instead.

> I often cut myself and shy away from using parqu' and muSHa'
> because of the... how shall i say... Shunning down on that is done
> by the usage of them.

> It seems we treat the cards almost as highly as cannon... Which
> even cannon alone is treated to highly...

-- ghunchu'wI'