tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 15 21:05:17 2006

Re: Why we can use words that it'd take klingons 5 minutes to understand.

ja' Shane MiQogh:
> There is no boat that floats completely on the water...

bImISlaw' qoj bImaw'law'.  bImujbej.  ta'vam ta'chu' bIQ Duj motlh,
QaptaHchugh.

> As some one has said, "muSHa' " may be interpreted as not hating or
> caring at all, which... Needless to say is on the border of obserd
> (sp?).

bIQ ngaS HIvje'lIj.  qechvetlh 'oS <muSbe'>'e'.

>   Perhaps we should try to restrict ourselves to more literal
> translations instead.

nuq Hech <maH>lIj, Kemosabe?

> I often cut myself and shy away from using parqu' and muSHa'
> because of the... how shall i say... Shunning down on that is done
> by the usage of them.

The only thing I see wrong with using a word like {muSHa'} is if it's
used as a drop-in replacement for the English term "love".

>   It seems we treat the cards almost as highly as cannon... Which
> even cannon alone is treated to highly...

bIHvaD mu'tlheghmey qon Marc Okrand-'e'.  The Fleer/Skybox trading
cards *are* part of the tlhIngan Hol canon.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level