tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 13 17:35:14 2006

Re: mangpu' or negh?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

I'm talking about writing based on what we say... Tell me... How do you propose we say the suffixes as the same word, rather than seperate words that come after the verb or noun? I'm sure it would sound as seperate words... Requiring our klingon experience to tell us where the word ends.
QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten, ja':
>It could still be written as a separate word. Writing often has little
>connection with the underlying morphemes.

teHchu'. 'ach Hol ghItlhlu'bogh bopbe' Shane QIn; Hol jatlhlu'bogh bop, 'ej
QInDaj vIlaDDI', Hol ghItlhlu'bogh buSHa' 'e' Hech 'e' vIHar. yIlaDqa':

ja' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>it's safe to say that if it wasn't for how we write/type
>the words suffixes might be considered as separate words,

Hol ghItlhlu'bogh qelbe'ba'.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D21550&_t=21550&_r=endtext&_m=EXT