tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 07 07:21:20 2006

Re: pIqaD ghop

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Shane MiQogh wrote:

>I doubt if the pIqaD was written, it wouldn't be printed out as full
>colored symbols as if by hand. I'm gonna prepare for you my example of
>hand written pIqaD that i came up with (same thing as from the KLI site,
>only it's a little more "flat" so it's not my idea, just an elaboration of
>the printed pIqaD). I want to see what you think of it, and if you want to
>make any changes to this hand written pIqaD (simply because a few letters
>are hard to distinguish apart).
>
>   http://klingon.kohlrak.shorturl.com/pIqaD_ghop.jpg

Glen Proechel's Interstellar Language School sells the _pIqaD Exercise
Book_, a booklet containing exercises for Glen's handwritten version of pIqaD:

     <http://www.geocities.com/athens/8853/>http://www.geocities.com/athens/8853/

Many versions of pIqaD (including several cursive ones) can be found on the
Klingonska Akademien site

     <http://www.klingonska.org/piqadpic.html>http://www.klingonska.org/piqadpic.html

Speaking of terms for fast or cursive writing, how about *{Do pIqaD}, on
the model of {Do Qe'} "a velocity restaurant" (i.e. a fast food joint; cf.
KGT 102)?

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons