tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 19 06:22:38 2005

(Newbie help ) and anecdote(dolt?)

GD ([email protected])

NuqhneH!
Meep I am nothing more than how did Gawron say in Klingon(TM)-in
tlingHoq? Sounded something like a veqkol on my horrible speakers-
though I doubt that's correct.

For all my proffs, and friends who say gee why learn this? Today is
good day, apparently Klingon sounds enough like some russian and
check dialects to "get buy".

I had the honor of assisting them a bit- the conversation went
roughly like this and I would like to know how to do it better next
time-

Also please enlighten me on the proper conventions of the e-mail list
so that I am not on the receiving end of bad klingon jokes (or
someone thinks I am possed by the Feckler{sp})
My dictionary is in storage so most of this is from rote memory

(If you can picture two poor trembling Terrans looking for a good
walk that *barely* speek english and mostly point-They are a couple)
Her: *what sounds like ExKuseme-Me-vlast?)
Me: NeH?
Her: Lost---loking vor zish Kanyon Rrroad---what languages do you speek
I happily volunteered my horrible highschool spanish, and even worst
grammar school 'High' english and few others---and somehow Klingon
came up- Apparently she had a few words of it--and it sounded close
enough to what ever dialect of  I think she said check-
Her-Tling-Hol?
Me:Hija'!
She pointed at a map proudly proclaiming what sounded like vaj-Daq'-
at a few places
and then with dismay I think it was NhDaj---and something about time-
To avoid making this a rambling I bumbled along with what few numbers
I remembered from Klingon and pointed at the map-To my delight
something struck a chord as she rambled off in spanish thank you-
And what sounded like: Bathwe' beaming happily proceeded down the
street.

Help, help, help.
I need a good place to start to be much more competent.

-QUAPLA'!!!-

Back to archive top level