tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 19 20:09:49 2005

Re: targhmey

QeS la' ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' ter'eS, ja':
>*{nuqDaq 'oHtaH Qe' QaQ'e'?} "Where does a good restaurant continue to be?"
>which you should reply, "You mean as opposed to the good restaurant that
>keeps
>winking in and out of existence?")

Or as opposed to "the good restaurant that is no longer there". If a Klingon
is informed that their favourite restaurant was knocked down a fortnight
ago, he might be so angry that he might ask "So where is there *still* a
good restaurant?". It's admittedly not going to show up often, but I don't
see it as ungrammatical. Recite the mantra: Context, Context, Context. {{:)

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

SEEK: Over 80,000 jobs across all industries at Australia's #1 job site.
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail

Back to archive top level