tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 16 17:59:12 2005

Re: targhmey

naHQun ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Wow, I learned a lot...

So personal pronounse act as verbs and can take verb suffixes;
I wondered what was going on there, (and I'm updating my dictionary to list {'em} as a noun, oops)

So after reading over everyone's responses, I've come up with the following translation for my initial question:

(Is the targ at the river?)

If I started by asking:

{nuqDaq 'oH targh'e'?}

and then asked:

{bIQtIqDaq 'oH'a'?}

it would mean:

(Is it [the targh] at the river?)

So then could I turn that into just one question by asking:

{bIQtIqDaq 'oH'a' targh'e'?} ??

(Is the targh at the river?)

Or does that not work?

~naHQun