tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 03 16:05:18 2005

RE: You had me at Qapla'

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' QarIn, ja':
>How exactly do you translate "Qapla' "?

"Success!"

taH:
>Don't kill me for asking such a stupid question.

As Quvar said: there are no stupid questions, except the ones you don't ask.
:) If you're a newbie here (I don't recall seeing your name before), I'll
introduce myself, so that you know who to address "stupid" questions to...

My name's QeS la'. I'm the list Beginners' Grammarian, which means that the
official List Grammarians have entrusted me with the job of answering
questions from beginners in tlhIngan Hol. To flag a message for my
attention, simply begin your subject line with the letters "KLBC", standing
for "Klingon Language Beginner's Conversation". It doesn't have to be a
conversation, though; you can ask any question, no matter how simplistic or
naive you think it may be.

What KLBC means is that the post is specially marked to capture my
attention, and it's my job to answer any questions you may have, or correct
any grammar problems: no-one is allowed to make comments on grammar of a
KLBC post until after I've made my corrections and suggestions. Consider me
a sort of floodgate for expert opinions. :)

I hope you hang around! This is the most traffic we've had on the list for
quite a while.

Savan,

QeS la'
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level