tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 02 17:35:20 2005

Re: targhmey

Bryan Jones ([email protected])

Personally, I would phrase this as

Sor 'emDaq targhtaH, qar'a'?
(The targh continues to be in the tree's area-behind, right?)

and

bIQtIqDaq targhtaH, qar'a'?
(The targh continues to be at the river, right?)

I suggest you read over TKD 6.3 (p68). It gives the example of pa'wIjDaq
jIHtaH for I am in my quarters. In a "to be" construction, no verb is
necessary. Also, 'em is a noun, not a verb, when you mean it to mean
"behind". Unless you wrote SorDaq 'em'a' targh, which is "Does the targh
vomit on/near the tree?"

naHQun wrote:

>how would I say?:
>
>Is the targ behind the tree?
>
>or
>
>Is the targ at the river?
>
>For the first one, I think it would be:
>
>Sor 'em'a' targh?
>
>but the second sentence doesn't have a verb,
>so I don't know how to make it a question
>I'm assuming I would need to reword the Klingon
>into two sentences, but I don't know what I would reword it to.
>
>~naHQun

Back to archive top level