tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 02 16:44:24 2005

Re: targhmey

In a message dated 10/2/2005 6:31:56 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> how would I say?:
>
> Is the targ behind the tree?
>
> or
>
> Is the targ at the river?
>
> For the first one, I think it would be:
>
> Sor 'em'a' targh?
>
> but the second sentence doesn't have a verb,
> so I don't know how to make it a question
> I'm assuming I would need to reword the Klingon
> into two sentences, but I don't know what I would reword it to.
>
> ~naHQun

For the locations, you could say:
Sor 'emDaq = behind the tree
bIQtIq retlhDaq = beside the river

For the rest, you could use variations on {tu'}:
targh tu'lu' = the targ is found = one finds the targ
tu''egh targh = the targ finds itself

Or, you can say what the targ is doing at those places:
ba' targh = the targ is sitting
Qam targh = the targ is standing
loS targh = the targ is waiting (for something)

The locations have to come first, then the rest.

Does this help?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level