tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 20 19:22:49 2005

RE: Subtle shadings of "then": Okrand's error ?

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:> >SoHvaD parmaqwIjmo' 'oy' tIqwIj (My heart aches due to my
> love for you)

Noun1 with a type five suffix cannot be used to modify noun2.
A noun with a type five suffix needs to modify a verb.

/SoHvaD/ is modifying /'oy'/, not /parmaq/.

DloraH

Not quite sure what this means...are you saying that "My heart aches for you because of my love" and "My heart aches because of my love for you" do not have at least similar meanings?
The original line in the song is "I never knew the art of making love, though my heart aches with love for you." Absent a verb "to love" and the accompanying pronomial prefix, I could not readily identify another way to say this. Perhaps a recast suggestion will clear up the ambiguity?

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Yahoo! Mail Mobile