tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 28 06:52:02 2005

Re: Quick and easy question...

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

--- QeS lagh <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja'pu' juDmoS:

> canon-but-still-potentially-vague
> >ropyaH.
>

> Secondly, why do you think {ropyaH} "infirmary"
> might be too vague to use?
> I'm not trying to shoot you down, I'm just
> wondering. The word was used in
> ST6 with exactly the translation you're looking for:
> {ropyaH yIghuHmoH}
> "alert sick bay!"

The vagarity is inherent in the listing of "infirmary"
as to whether this is a shipboard infirmary or a
hospital or clinic..while the difference may be
largely semantic, well, that's why the vagarity was
"potential
".
> I think most people will agree with ghunchu'wI' on
> his suggestion of
> {ropyaH}.
As do I...just sought confirmation...thanks!

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Back to archive top level