tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 08 12:21:18 2005

Re: tears (Re: Mr. Charles, revisited)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

juDmoS:
 >> p.s. with no word so far for "tear" except "water from the eye" to use in
 >> the phrase "Take these tears from my eyes and let me see..." (water from
 >> my eye from my eyes?), the second verse will be a real challenge...

qIno'rIq:
> >So, could we form the N[[V-NOMSuf]-N] {SaQghach bIQ} like "crying water"?

SuSvaj:
>Tears are not just for crying.  Most of the time they just serve to keep
>the eyes moist.

True (except for Klingons who have no tear ducts), but let's not forget the
line juDmoS is trying to translate.

>It might be best to just say: "mIn bIQ."

Or {mInDu' yIQ} "wet eyes".

   yIQchoH mInDu'wIj
   my eyes tear up ("become wet")

Hmm... I just noticed the similarity of {yIQ} "be wet" to {bIQ} "water".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level