tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 27 14:25:49 2005

Re: bInIvqu'bej

Teresh000 ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

ghItlh naHQun:

>joH'a', QunwI'; jISIvlu'bejqu'taHvIS
>Hoch qo'mey DachenmoHchu' vIqellI'
>Hovmey vIlegh, jevbejwI' wab'a' vIQoy
>lu'aghqu'ba'taH 'u'Daq HoS'a'lIj;
>ngugh qa?wI' bomchoHchu' toDwI'wI'mo'
>bInIv qu'bej bInIvqu'bej
>ngugh qa?wI' bomchoHchu' toDwI'wI'mo'
>bInIvqu'bej bInIvqu'bej

maj; it scans pretty well with the original.
Oddly enough, we were looking at this song
at choir practice last night!

One quibble: it's probably {qa'wIj}; I don't
think one's spirit is considered capable
of speech. Fortunately, it doesn't affect
the meter.

You might consider a replacement for
{ngugh}, too. The song says that you are
moved to sing after your contemplation,
for which I think {ghIq} is more appropriate.
{ghIq} 'then' leads into the consequence
of what came before; {ngugh} 'then' is just
a timestamp.

Sorry, one more: in the second line, it
should be {DachenmoHbogh}; otherwise you
have two main verbs in one sentence.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level