tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 24 16:31:00 2005

Re: Klingon Spoken on Enterprise

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<quote who="Steven Boozer">

>>A delirious Hoshi spouted some Klingon on the most recent episode of
>>Enterprise, Observer Effect. My closed captions just said [speaking
>> Klingon].

>    /jiNEH [...] kaPLAH/

Having to rely on captured episodes I have one advantage: I can fast
forward and rewind to my hearts content...

(jIleH/jIle'/jIlI' Qo' DIqo' juq/juH jatlh'e' Qapla')

Sounds to me more as if she says something like "I won't give up until I
succeed!", also because of the intonation when she says it...

I know my understanding of the Klingon said and what I think she's
actually saying don't match up... that's what I need to work on }:-)

The explaination about the saying farewell makes sense, but it doesn't add
up with what she actually says...
Maybe if someone could translate the Spanish/Portuguese/Brazilian that
comes before it we could add some more context...

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Thorwald Peeters