tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 16 21:13:57 2005

Re: tlhingan-hol Digest V2 #15

JuDmoS ([email protected])

I wanted to try something original...I'd like your comments.

wamwI' - juDmoS

jImob. muDech ngem. mutlhej tajwIj neH. jISo'taHvIS. QIt jIvIH. jItamqu'.
choHDI' SuS, gheDwIj vIlargh. QIt gheDwIj vIghoS. vISamchu'.
vIghoSDI' mulegh. ghIjtaH gheDwIj'e' vIlarghlaH. qet. jItlha'.
taghDu'wIj meQ tlhuHwIj. nom vIH tIqwIj. Do' qetHa'.
ghopwIjDaq 'oH tajwIj. maHIv'egh. vIDuQ. vIDuQqa'. vIDuQqa'.
muHaH gheDwIj 'Iw. gheDvo' tIq vIlel vISop je. mamuvta' Ha'DibaH jIH je.
naQ yaywIj. rIn chonwIj.

If I did this right...and I hope I did...the English translation would go
something like this:

I am alone. The forest surrounds me. My dagger is my only companion. I am
hiding. I move very slowly. I am very quiet. When the wind changes, I smell my
prey. Slowly, I move towards it. I seek and find it (perfectly). When I approach
it, it sees me. I can smell it's fear. It runs. I chase it. My breath burns
my lungs. My heart beats (moves) very fast. Fortunately, it stumbles (can
"mis-run" mean stumbles?).  My dagger is in my hand. We attack each other. I stab
it. I stab it again. I stab it again. (is there a way to say "repeatedly"?) My
prey's blood drenches me. I take out the heart and I eat it. The animal and I
are joined. My victory is complete. My hunt is over.

Back to archive top level