tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 05:22:12 2005

Re: SoQ'a'! ('ach SoQHom? 'e' tInoH!)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I don't know much about lawyeristic and so, but since I've been searching
after this coypright information for a long time, I think I can be sure that
there is no problem to *speak* Klingon in a play. First of all it's just
sounds, and noone can prohibit you to speak about tomething, and second the
theatre will not make loads of money just because you speak klingon in
there.
But you might get in trouble - theoretically, but not really - if you
*write* the word "Klingon", on the poster or so (e.g. "tonight: Wilhelm Tell
in Klingon")

Compare:
Just watch how many movies and tv-shows make fun of startrek and talk about
it. I'm sure that none of them asked paramount to use the word enterprise.

Greetz,
  Quvar.

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Back to archive top level