tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 12 18:50:50 2005

Re: translation help

naHQun ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

jatlh Quvar:

>So what you really need to translate is
>"Latter-day Saints' Jesus Christ's church's hymns"

and based on everyone elses suggestions (thank you
very much) I have come up with:

tIQHa'* quvwI'pu'chaj yeSuS 'IHrIStoS**Daj lalDanchaj van bom***mey

*if {tIQ} means "be ancient", then {tIQHa'} would be the closest
thing to "recent" or "latter-day" that we have.

**yeSuS 'IHrIStoS is what was used in the translation of Mark,
and has sense been used elsewhere as well, I may change it later on.

***van bom actually translates as hymn (or anthem)
which as far as I can tell is a whole lot easier than adding {quv}

Did I get that right?

~naHQun

Now includes pop-up blocker!