tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 07 04:15:23 2005

Re: translation help

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> And while I'm at it, I'll also need to translate:
> "Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"
> Which has three "of"'s

The problem is not the "of", because that's easy in Klingon: there is no
word for it, but just a simple grammatical construction.

Pardon me if I don't understand your sentence correctly, I'm just speaking
generally:

For instance "house of fire" is the "fire's house", i.e. {qul tuq}.

So what you really need to translate is

"Latter-day Saints' Jesus Christ's church's hymns"

(but I wonder how you will translate THAT, I'm just talking about grammar
now)

Quvar.

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Back to archive top level