tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 07 04:02:58 2005

Klingon WOTD: namtun (noun)

speersd ([email protected])

This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Wednesday, December 7, 2005.

Category: Music

Klingon word:   namtun
Part of Speech: noun
Definition:     beginning of a song
Source: HQ (12:2 p9)
Swedish:

Additional Notes:
HolQeD 12:2, p. 7, "Maltz's Reward: Part I."  To begin to sing a song is to {lIH} (literally, "introduce") the song, and that portion of the song that comes at the beginning -- a portion that is often so familiar that listeners know what song it is after hearing just that short portion -- is the {namtun}.

The Klingon Word Of The Day is brought to you by Holtej ([email protected]).  Please contact me with additions, corrections or comments.

--Holtej 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ
http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm

Back to archive top level