tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 29 21:12:12 2005

FW: Miranda Warning

DloraH ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I had somebody e me requesting a translation.

> I am a cop and would like help translating the "Miranda Warning" to
Klingon.
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanx.
>
> The Warning is as follows:
>
> You have the right to remain silent.
> Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
> You have the right to consult an attorney and have that attorney present
during questioning by police.
> If you decide to talk without an attorney present, you may request an
attorney at any time during the questioning.
> If you are unable to afford an attorney, one will be appointed to
represent you without charge.
> Do you understand ?
> Do you want an attorney?
> Do you wish to remain silent ?
> Do you wish to talk?

Here is what I come up with quickly.  Any other opinions?

bIjatlhQo' net chaw'.
chut bo'DIjDaq Dapumlu'meH, vay' Dajatlhbogh lulo'lu'.
DuqeS cha'DIch net chaw', 'ej Dayu'lu'taHvIS SaH cha'DIchvetlh net chaw'.
SaHbe'taHvIS cha'DIch bIjatlhchoHchugh, Dayu'lu'taHvIS SaHchoH cha'DIch 'e'
DapoQ net chaw'.
cha'DIch DaDIllaHbe'chugh, Du'oSmeH cha'DIch gheS vay' 'ej DaDIlnISbe'.
bIyaj'a'?
cha'DIch DaneH'a'?
bIjatlhQo''a'?
jujatlhqang'a'?