tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 06 04:44:11 2005

ghe''orDaq luSpet (Re: pIpyuS Sarghmey je)

In a message dated 4/5/2005 9:41:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> What about the canon example {ghe''orDaq luSpet} (a black hole in the
> Netherworld) [PK, BOP]?

PK curse:
"You belong in a black hole in the netherworld."
{ghe''orDaq luSpet 'oH DaqlIj'e'.}

This can also be translated as
"In the netherworld your place is a black hole." (i.e., your *proper* place).
 There is no connection in the Klingon between {ghe''orDaq} and {luSpet}.

I brought up this very question last year on this list, and somebody on this
list explained it me in much the same way, and now I'm convinced.  I haven't
been able to find the messages in the archive though.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level