tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 20 07:16:14 2004

Re: [email protected]?

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:47:32 +0100 hat Thorwald Peeters <[email protected]>
geschrieben:

> [tera'ngan Hol]

'oHvaD <DIvI' Hol> wIpong.

> "WOT Canon" makes me laugh. In English (British?) "what" often is
> pronounced "wot", so instead of "W.o.T. Canon" I read "what canon???"

But remember, the Klingon word {wot} is NOT pronounced like english "what"
or "not". In Klingon {o} is pronounced like the o in "door", "mosaic" or
"go".

> [my troubles]
> Although I've been dabbling with the Klingon language for many a year, I
> am still in the look-up stage.

I suggest you visit the qepHom. You will learn a lot.
And since there are not only german attendees (Sweden, Holland, Poland,
Belgium, Switzerland) there will be no problem with language.

visit http://www.qepHom.de
It's not only in Klingon, but even in dutch!  ;-)

> I was looking for a way to say "sounds like" and although I know you
> should really try to find an equivalent, I wasn't able to.

{rur} = "resemble" ~ "sounds like"

Quvar.
aka
Lieven.