tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 19 09:09:53 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: qI' (v)

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:55:57 EDT hat <[email protected]>
geschrieben:

> Whether it is strictly for signing treaties or has broader applicability
> is unknown (a la SuStel),

as usual, SuStel is right (too bad he's gone).
If we stick 100% to canon, it says "sign a treaty".

> although my impression is that the latter (i.e., signing any kind of
> document) is how most people actually use it.

Yes, as we've had the discussion in "Re: use it", I would say you can use
it like that, because everyone will understand what you mean. That's just
how it's used, becaue there is no other word.
I will keep using it like that - until I'm proven wrong.

As you said yourself in another mail:
--------
Simply because Okrand may (or may not!) decide that some usage is incorrect
is no reason to avoid that usage or to avoid spreading and teaching that
usage.  If he changes something, he changes it.  We adapt, and go on.
--------

PS: even in terran languages, many words are being misused, although nobody
says it's wrong, because everyone understands.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level