tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 15 21:47:22 2004

Re: ngeD/nap

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

When I think of the difference between {ngeD} and {nap}, it brings to mind
a type of phrase that I've heard used to advertise specific strategy games
- "[This game takes] minutes to learn, [but requires] a life time to
master!" For example, Chess may be (relatively) {nap}, but to win it is
usually not {ngeD}.. I would go along ter'eS's description, and say that
{nap} describes an object or concept (such as the rules of Chess), but
{ngeD} would describe a task (such as the task of winning Chess).

- taD

Back to archive top level