tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 15 09:30:05 2004

Re: jIb

In a message dated 2004-09-15 12:20:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> And then
> when there is not enough information, make up your own usage.  If canon
> doesn't specifically show that you are incorrect, and you have
> communicated well, then no one can say you are wrong.
>
> Jeremy

Good advice, which I shall take.  The problem, and the frustration, is "make
up your own usage".  Because of the meager vocabulary, I'm still trying to
find ways to say simple things.  I want to be able to speak Klingon fluently,
like several (many?) of the people on this list, and yet those people will not
say how they say things.  Whether it's to avoid being a bad influence in the
event that they are overruled by Okrand or some other reason, they do not serve
as the examples they should.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level