tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 03 07:27:56 2004

Re: Klingon WOTD: leSpal (n)

vIghro' wrote:

>I've exhausted every avenue trying to find puns for {HurDagh} and {tIngDagh}
>Do keep in mind that violin, cello and Contrabass all are plucked as well
>as bowed.

It's also possible that the pun is a private one.  For example, {jIl}
"neighbor" comes from a real-life neighbor, Jill.  {megh'an}, {'er'In} and
{qa'rI'} come from the names of his twin nieces, Erin and Meghan, and their
mother, Carrie.

{HurDagh} and {tingDagh} could turn out to be nicknames - "[X] Dog"?? - of
friends he played with in a high school or garage band, for example.  If
these are private jokes, we may never learn them.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level