tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 01 21:14:45 2004

pronounciation of 'gh'

Dar'Qang ([email protected])

I have a lingering uncertainty about the pronounciation of the 'gh'
sound.  The main question is about a uvular roll as part of the 'gh'
sound.  I hear what I interpret as a uvular roll in Holtej's speech, and in
a few cases for MO (but I can't remember which phrases), however in most
other speech samples, the 'gh' sounds unrolled.

I tend to favor the uvular roll sound, but I don't want to incorporate that
if it would tend to compel a Klingonist to correct my pronounciation.

Any thoughts?

Dar'Qang
qo''a'lIj DachenmoHtaH

Back to archive top level