tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 14 16:37:29 2004

Re: lalDan mu'tlhegh

In a message dated 2004-11-14 12:39:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> My suggestion:
> {cha'SaD ben, tera'Daq, QIStoS lalDan cher yeSuS QIStoS. DaH, QIStoS lalDan
> noy law', Hoch noy puS}
>
> "Two thousand years ago, on Earth, Jesus Christ established the Christian
> religion. It is now the most famous religion of all."
>
> And that's my two cents worth.
>
> --ngabwI'

Pretty good, too.
I was keeping most of the words as they were in the original, which explains
{chenmoH}.
My main point was that a comparative construction is always a sentence in its
own right, and can't be treated as just a noun phrase.

I also dislike the Klingon spellings (QIStoS, and in another article, ro'men
qatlhlIq [or something like that]. At the very least they should have the
original spelling so people don't have to guess.).  There are lots of superfluous
apostrophes in Klingon renderings, and they serve no point, since they do not
reflect anything in the original name, nor are they required by Klingon
grammar.

Why is there no link to the Klingon wikipedia from the main one?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level